Now I like this idea, surround sound is great but I hate all the wires, and sometimes running wires everywhere just proves to be rather impossible. The new Aperion Zona speakers are wireless eliminating the need to run any wires, but they also can be used via USB port to play music from your computer.
Aperion Audio, a direct-to-consumer maker of award-winning home theater speaker systems, is pleased to announce the Aperion Zona Wireless Surround System. Using a compact wireless transmitter and two powered bookshelf speakers with tuned ports and built-in receivers, the Zona system allows access to speaker locations you never thought possible. Zona speakers require a simple power outlet and that’s it, no setup and no running wires. Place the speakers where you want, plug them into a power outlet, plug the transmitter into the audio source, and instantly play high-fidelity sound streamed wirelessly. Currently available for $499 at www.AperionAudio.com, the Zona Wireless Surround System is shipping now.
A common problem in home theater systems is wire clutter and setup. “Nobody likes wires snaking throughout their home,” says Aperion Audio’s Home Theater Guru Jason Hicks. “When speaking with our customers we found that many leave surround or rear speakers unconnected because they couldn’t find a simple or neat way to run the wires. Most other wireless solutions on the market suffer from poor fidelity, complex setup, and an unreliable connection.” Zona solves all those problems with a self-contained, high-end wireless system that lets home theater enthusiasts add surround sound wherever they want.
Aperion crafted Zona’s speakers to work aesthetically and sonically with most home theater systems. The compact transmitter connects to surround pre-out jacks of an AVR or DVD player and the two speakers link automatically when plugged in. Once connected, the system produces uncompressed 16 bit/48 kHz CD-quality audio. Zona can also double as a high-end wireless solution for music stored on your computer or virtually any audio source. Using the USB port you can send audio to speakers located up to 150 feet away.
Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System
• Wireless receiver built-in to each speaker
• Uncompressed 16 bit/48 kHz, CD quality audio
• 2- Two-way powered speakers with tuned port for enhanced bass
• Wireless range up to 150 feet; up to 300 feet line of sight
• Automatic system linking, three selectable channels
• USB 2.0 Plug and Play Interface
• External power supply per speaker
• Connect multiple Zona speakers to a single Zona transmitter
• 2 x 20W digital Class D Amplifier with DSP per speaker
• 2-way design in solid MDF cabinet with tuned port
• 1” soft dome silk tweeter
• 4.5” woven fiberglass woofer
• Frequency range: 55 Hz to 20 kHz
• 18ms Latency
• 2.4 GHz wireless band
• Dimensions: 9.9” H x 6” W x 6.3” D
To learn more about Aperion Audio, go to www.AperionAudio.com.
Pricing, Availability and Warranty:
The Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System (two speakers, one transmitter) is priced at $499. The One (1)-year limited warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship.