Here’s a laptop I wouldn’t mind having, the new Dell XPS 13 starts out at 2.99 pounds for the basic version. This thing has Gorilla glass on the display , backlit keyboard, a glass touchpad and it comes with either a Core i5 or i7 and you can get it configured with an SDD as an option with 100gb cloud storage. It has Intel HD 3000 graphics for the display that is edge to edge meaning really no borders on the LCD. They even come with a 12 month premium subscription top Skype, if you use it. Pricing start at $999 and will be available at the end of February.
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71”/6-18mm) with Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium; precision machined aluminum with a carbon fiber composite base
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- 13.3” HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla Glass
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory
- 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive options
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio
- Built-in 47WHr 6-cell battery (Dell XPS 13 batteries are built into the laptop and are not replaceable by the customer) offering up to eight hours, fifty-three minutes of battery life; 45W AC adaptor
- USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare , mini Display-Port, and headset jack
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skypeiv) with dual array digital microphones
- Dell ProSupport for business customers, Dell Configuration Services and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
- Dimensions: Height: 0.24-0.71” (6-18mm) / Width: 12.4” (316mm) / Depth 8.1” (205mm); Weight: starting at 2.99lbs (1.36 kg)
Availability and Pricing:
The XPS 13 will be available at the end of February in the United States through www.Dell.com, and in select retail stores nationwide at a starting price of $999 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive and 4GB memory. Customers can reserve the XPS 13 on www.dell.com starting today. The first 10,000 customers in the U.S. to purchase an XPS 13 will receive a free T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot and 90 days of free mobile broadband service at up to 4G speeds on America’s Largest 4G Network with no annual contract at time of purchase – a value of more than $200. The XPS 13 will be available in select geographies around the world in March 2012.
For more information, visit www.dell.com.