At $849 I would hope the new Epson Stylus R3000 produces some good results. It’s got a nice list of features including 802.11n, and a nine ink cartridge system. It will be available in March.
Featuring Epson UltraChrome K3® with Vivid Magenta ink technology and an advanced MicroPiezo® AMC™ print head, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 produces exhibition quality prints on a wide variety of glossy, matte and fine art papers up to 13-inches wide using advanced media handling capabilities. Its innovative pigment ink set delivers an extremely wide color gamut with more dramatic blues and violets, while AccuPhoto™ HD2 image technology provides smoother color transitions and better highlight and shadow detail.
"The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 represents the next generation of 13-inch professional printers with its advanced features and design," said Richard Day, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. "Epson is always striving to anticipate the demands of professionals while pushing the boundaries of technology to provide the level of quality expected from Epson. We’ve integrated new productivity features that will have a big impact on design workflows, including superior media handling, wireless connectivity, larger ink cartridges, and auto-switching black inks."
More about the Epson Stylus Photo R3000
Designed to provide unmatched performance, exhibition quality and professional media support, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 delivers several innovative features, including:
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink: Professional eight-color ink set with Vivid Magenta and Vivid Light Magenta provides more dramatic blues and violets for an expanded color gamut. Built on Epson’s heritage of professional ink technology, this pigment ink set offers instant color stability and exceptional print permanence ratings for color and black-and-white prints.
- Advanced Media Handling: In addition to a main top-loading, high-capacity tray, this printer features a new front-in, front-out media path designed for fine art media up to 1.3 mm thick, including Epson’s line of Signature Worthy® papers. It also offers broad media support with BorderFree® cut-sheet media handling, roll paper printing up to 44-inches long and CD/DVD printing.
- AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precision placement of each individual ink droplet for smooth, grain-free images. This technology optimizes ink usage to maximize color gamut and provide smooth transitions and gradations, and reduces the metameric index to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions.
- MicroPiezo AMC Print Head: The eight-channel, high-precision print head produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 2 picoliters and places them with precision and accuracy. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the print head also incorporates an ink repellent coating.
- Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System: Nine individual 25.9 ml ink cartridges with pressurized ink technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds.
- Auto-switching Black Inks: The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 automatically switches between Photo and Matte black inks to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media.
- Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in Ethernet®, wireless 802.11n and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide flexible options for fast connectivity to multiple computers in a home or studio.
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode: Professionals can choose from one of four pre-set modes – neutral, warm, cool, or sepia for stunning neutral or toned black-and-white prints. This feature provides intuitive and consistent control through custom slider bars and a color tone wheel for advanced tone adjustment. In addition, customized settings can be saved and recalled to achieve consistent prints.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 will be available in March 2011 through authorized resellers for $849 (MSRP). The printer is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specialized technical support staff. For more information on the Epson Stylus Photo R3000, visit www.epson.com/R3000.