I still have a ScanSnap from about two years ago actually, and it works great. It’s a great little scanner that works well and it’s portable. The new ScanSnap S1100 is the smallest yet at 10.74 x 1.87 x 1.33 inches and weighing only 12.3 ounces.
The ScanSnap S1100, designed for use with a PC or Mac, utilizes its innovative paper path system and fast front-side color scanning functionality to quickly scan anything from contracts and long receipts to business cards and plastic IDs. For complete flexibility and productivity at home or on the go, the ScanSnap S1100 is powered by a single USB cable, converts scanned data into searchable PDF files and even allows you to quickly transform your paperwork into editable Word and Excel files. Additionally, the ScanSnap S1100 enables you to scan documents directly to Evernote® and Google Docs™ cloud services, making your paperwork and photos easy to store, share and access from just about anywhere.
Advanced Features to Make Scanning On-the-Go Easy!
The ScanSnap S1100 incorporates many of the powerful, advanced, easy-to-use features of its larger ScanSnap predecessors, such as the ScanSnap S1500(M) and the ScanSnap S1300, and packs them into a compact, mobile form factor, giving users even more flexibility to be productive, efficient and paperless wherever they go. Key features of the ScanSnap S1100 include:
- The Smallest and Lightest ScanSnap in the World: With an ultra-compact footprint measuring a mere 10.74 x 1.87 x 1.33 inches and weighing only 12.3 ounces, the ScanSnap S1100 is the perfect solution for digitizing your paper world anywhere, and at anytime.
- Fast Scanning Speeds: With the push of a button, ScanSnap S1100 can scan a letter-size sheet of paper in an astounding 7.5 seconds (300dpi, color).
- Cloud Services Support: The ScanSnap S1100 enables you to scan documents directly to Evernote and Google Docs cloud services, making your paperwork and photos easy to store, share and access from just about anywhere.
- Continuous Document Feeding (CDF): Utilizing the scanner’s Continuous Document Feeding (CDF) function, users are able to scan multiple-page documents into PDF by simply pushing the "Scan" button and inserting each page into the scanner. After scanning is complete, users simply push the "Scan" button again to end the scanning task and convert the data into a PDF.
- Switchable Paper Paths: With an adjustable two way paper path, ScanSnap S1100 is able to support a wider range of documents such as plastic cards, IDs and thick stock (through the strait paper path), normal paper, as well as long forms up to 34 inches (through the "L-shaped" paper path).
- Intelligent Document Processing: For convenient automated scanning, ScanSnap S1100 selects the page size and page orientation while adjusting the resolution accordingly, and will recognize a document as color, black & white or grayscale.
- Mark Text Function: To quickly and easily search and find documents, users can utilize a standard highlighter pen on a black & white document to automatically create searchable keywords of the highlighted text, such as an invoice number or last name.
Powerful Software for the Paperless Lifestyle
ScanSnap S1100 comes with software for PC and software for Mac so consumers who use both can optimize their ScanSnap for either platform with ease, making the scanner even more mobile and efficient. In-box software includes:
- Scan to Word and Excel: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™ allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork with machine print into editable Word and Excel files.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning: PC users can capture a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel, Act! and other contact management software. While Mac users can conveniently scan their business cards and export the contact information directly to Address Book or Entourage.
- Scan-to Functions: The ScanSnap S1100 offers users a flexible way to manage PDF, searchable PDF and JPEG files, providing users with an easy way to scan to a folder, a network folder, attach scans to an email, and send scans to a printer.
- ScanSnap Manager: Provides PC and Mac users one button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features and custom scan settings (profiles) for simple operation with sophisticated results.
Pricing & Availability