And we’ve got more netbooks on the way from Gateway…
Gateway Inc. today introduces the Gateway LT2000, a new sleek and compact netbook with a 10.1-inch TFT LED-backlit display that will let mobile customers maximize their time on the go to stay connected and productive.
At the core of the Gateway netbook line is excellent mobility and wireless communications, so customers can shop online, browse websites, make VOIP(1) calls, and stay in touch with friends and colleagues via email and social networks. The Gateway LT2000 netbook line is powered by Intel Atom processors and can provide easy access to the Internet via Wi-Fi 802.11b/g.
Incredibly portable, the new Gateway LT2000 netbook line measures only about an inch thin and weighs only 2.62 pounds so it is comfortable to hold, easy to transport and fits neatly into a purse or backpack. Boasting the same fashionable design seen in the Gateway LT3100 netbooks launched last month, the new Gateway LT2000 netbooks come in NightSky Black and Cherry Red with an engraved Gateway logo and modern silver trim accents.
“The new sleek Gateway LT2000 netbooks let customers do more with their time on the go – from enjoying the Internet to video chatting and staying in touch via email and social networks,” said Ray Sawall, senior product marketing manager for Gateway. “The expressive design is modern and stylish, looking perfect whether it’s used for work or play.”
Its 10.1-inch TFT LED-backlit LCD display gives today’s mobile-savvy customer the room they need to view web pages, documents, email, digital media and more. The Gateway LT2000’s petite form factor features all the ports for connecting to the latest peripherals. It has three USB 2.0, Ethernet and VGA as well as a multi-in-one digital card reader.
Additional Features Make it Incredibly Functional
The new Gateway LT2000 netbooks are well-equipped with features that make them highly useful for enjoying life on the go. They come with a full 1GB of memory and 160GB of hard drive space(2), so customers have ample room for music, photos and other files. The integrated webcam is ready to go with a simple software click. Customers can capture memories with still photos and live video that can be posted to personal blogs and sites like YouTube and Facebook. Also, video emails and video conferencing calls offer a more personal way to stay in touch.
The unique Multi-Gesture Touchpad on the new Gateway LT2000 netbooks lets users move around websites, documents and digital media in an incredibly intuitive way. For example, customers can swirl their fingers in a circular motion to scroll through web pages, long lists of files and music playlists. In addition, customers can move two fingers to flip through photos, web pages and PDF documents as well as make an inward or outward pinching motion to zoom in and out on photos and documents.
The new Gateway LT2000 netbooks use the latest Intel® Atom™ processors to deliver excellent mobile performance while promoting extended battery life and power efficiency. The line provides up to 3 hours of battery life(3).
Available Configurations Pricing and Availability
The new Gateway LT2000 is available now in several configurations at a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $299.99. One of the configurations follows:
- Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache)
- Genuine Microsoft Windows XP® Home (Service Pack 3)
- 10.1-inch WSVGA 16:9 ratio TFT LCD (1024×600 resolution)
- Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset
- 1024MB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM
- 160GB SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive(2)
- Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED®
- Web Camera
- Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Dolby Headphone Technology
- Three USB 2.0 Ports
- 3-cell Li-ion Battery
- Chassis: NightSky Black
- One-Year Standard Warranty
- 2.62 lbs.
- 10.17 (w) x 7.24 (D) x 1.03 inches (H)
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $299.99
*Note: Cherry Red Version is available in the same configuration at the same price as model number Gateway LT2021u.
The Gateway LT2000 netbook line comes with additional preinstalled software including Microsoft Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial, Gateway Recovery Management, Adobe® Reader®, and Norton Internet Security™ 2009 Trial(4).
Gateway Limited Warranty, Service and Support
The Gateway LT2000 netbook line is backed by a one year limited warranty(5). Gateway’s commitment to quality and reliability is evident in its award-winning line of PCs as well as in its exceptional service and support programs(6). In addition to the company’s standard limited warranty options, its extensive online support center helps customers maximize their PC investment; it gives them easy access to customer support representatives and information on important issues such as limited warranties, technical issues and upgrading.
Since its founding in 1985, Irvine, Calif.-based Gateway has been a technology pioneer, offering award-winning products and world-class service to customers worldwide. Gateway is a wholly owned subsidiary of Acer Inc., the world’s third-largest PC company. See www.gateway.com for more information.
All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by retail location. Applicable taxes extra. ©2008 Gateway, Inc. Gateway Terms & Conditions of Sale apply. Trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gateway, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Intel and Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Requires an internet connection and telephone adapter.
(2) Accessible capacity varies; MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes.
(3) Battery life measured under MobileMark2007. Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero™ is enabled. All batteries’ maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
(4) Trial periods vary depending on the geographic region and specifications.
(5) Limited warranties and service agreements apply; visit gateway.com or call 1-800-846-2000 for a free copy. Service agreements are issued and performed by third parties. May not be available in all locations. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.
(6) Service methods subject to change without notice or obligation.