and more storage from Imation, they seem to have quite a bit coming out soon..
Highlights storage solutions available on its GSA schedules for government agencies’ data storage, backup, archival and security needs
GSA Expo 2009
SAN ANTONIO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN) will showcase its suite of storage products available on its General Services Administration (GSA) schedules in booth 2443 at GSA Expo 2009, today through Thursday, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio. GSA is the federal government’s preferred source for quality commercial products and services, and Expo is GSA’s largest event.
Imation data storage products and services simplify and streamline the process for its federal agency buyers, allowing government IT staff to focus on achieving their missions, rather than specifying storage technology. Further supporting government IT professionals, the National Media Lab (NML) functions as an independent and unbiased source for data storage consulting and information lifecycle management services. Based in an R&D facility at Imation’s world headquarters in Oakdale, Minn., the lab is designed to support unique government requirements and is managed by storage experts who analyze and resolve data issues, customize storage solutions, and develop next-generation storage technology.
“Having offered products on the GSA schedule and worked with government agencies as a partner, consultant and supplier for many years, Imation thoroughly understands the storage needs of government IT departments,” said Keith Schwartz, director of global strategic growth and public sector, Commercial Business, Imation. “Our strong portfolio of products and services features the latest storage technologies to help our government agencies solve their various data backup, archive, recovery and security issues throughout the information lifecycle.”
GSA contract holders, like Imation and many of its dealers and resellers, must include only Trade Agreements Act (TAA)-compliant products on their schedule. At GSA Expo 2009, Imation will showcase its various TAA-compliant storage solutions and will unveil a 32GB version of its Swivel Flash Drive, further extending its line of flash products available for the GSA schedule. The Imation Swivel Flash Drive is a compact and powerful flash device that features a “never lose” swivel cap and a sophisticated, professional design. Imation also will offer an expanded external hard drive (EHD) line to include additional capacities and form factors for laptop and desktop users who require seamless back up and data mobility.
Imation will showcase the following products at GSA Expo 2009:
- Imation S-Class Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Upgrade Kits feature lightning-fast performance in an energy efficient, affordable solution. The S-Class SSDs with Upgrade Kits offer progressive users a complete, easy way to upgrade an existing Hard Disk Drive (HDD) computer system to one that is SSD-based, without buying a new computer.
- Imation RDX is a low-end tape replacement solution that includes a high-capacity, rugged and removable 2.5-inch HDD cartridge as well a docking station with USB and SATA connections. Offering easy and reliable backup, data security and expandable storage, RDX is currently available in 160GB and 320GB capacities.
- Imation DataGuard rf™ Tape Tracking System brings the range, reliability and accuracy of RFID (radio frequency identification) to tape storage. With its patent-pending RFID Volume and Serial Number (Vol-Ser) Labels, Imation combines proven technology into one robust and secure label that incorporates RFID technology, Vol-Ser number identification and advanced ultra-high frequency (UHF) support with an open system that works with any tape management platform.
- Imation Apollo™ Portable Hard Drive portfolio includes the Apollo UX, an ultra-slim 2.5-inch USB hard drive for mobile users, combining high capacity, performance and design. Featuring a durable midnight black-brushed surface with chrome detailing, Apollo is just over half an inch wide, and weighs only 0.35 pounds for the ultimate in portable storage and back-up. It’s available with 320GB or 500GB of capacity. For laptop users, the 2.5-inch Apollo Expert UX is a pocket-sized, portable hard drive with an integrated swivel foot, one-touch backup capabilities and 500GB capacity. For desktop users, the Apollo Pro UX is a 3.5-inch desktop hard drive with configurable one-touch backup software in capacities up to 1TB.
- Imation’s portfolio of USB flash drives, including the Swivel Flash Drive, as well as the Pivot and Pivot Plus Flash Drives are built to last with a wide range of styles, capacities and security levels. The drives are designed to meet the portable storage needs of the most discerning user.
For more information about the NML, please visit www.imation.com/nml. For more information about Imation’s full portfolio of brands or any of its Imation branded storage products that are available on the GSA schedule, please visit www.imation.com.
About Imation Corp.
Imation is a leading global developer and marketer of branded products that enable people to capture, save and enjoy digital information. Our world-class portfolio of digital storage products, audio and video electronics and accessories reaches customers through a powerful global distribution network. Our goal is a company with strong commercial and consumer businesses and continued long-term growth and profitability that creates shareholder value. Imation Corp.’s global brand portfolio, in addition to the Imation brand, includes the Memorex brand, one of the most widely recognized names in the consumer electronics industry, famous for the slogan, "Is it live or is it Memorex?" and the XtremeMac brand. Imation is also the exclusive licensee of the TDK Life on Record brand, one of the world’s leading recording media brands. Additional information about Imation is available at http://www.imation.com.
Imation, the Imation logo, Apollo, Dataguard rf, Memorex, the Memorex logo, ‘Is it live or is it Memorex?’ and XtremeMac are trademarks of Imation Corp. and its subsidiaries. The TDK Life on Record logo is a trademark of TDK Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.