Kingston today announced it is shipping a 4GB and 8GB Class 10 microSDHC card, joining the previously released 16GB Class 10 card. Kingston will add a 32GB capacity to the family in Q2. The Class 10 cards have a fast minimum data transfer rate of 10MB/s.
“Kingston’s Class 10 microSDHC cards are compatible with many of the latest mobile phones including Android™ smartphones and BlackBerry® devices, hi-def cameras and the increasingly popular tablet PCs,” said Mike Kuppinger, Flash card business manager, Kingston. “The Class 10 speed provides faster data transfer rates and the various capacities help satisfy storage needs for users with both light and heavy memory needs.”
Kingston takes mobility and versatility a step further when it makes these cards part of the Mobility Kit, which includes an SD adapter and a USB card reader. The SD adapter allows users to capture continuous images or videos in digital cameras while the reader provides a simple and fast way to transfer data to a host PC. The Class 10 microSDHC cards will ship as part of the Mobility at the end of March.
In addition to the Class 10 cards, Kingston currently ships the microSDHC card in a Class 4 specification as both a standalone and part of the Mobility in capacities up to 32GB. The cards are backed by a lifetime warranty and 24/7 live technical support. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston microSDHC Class 10 Features and Specifications:
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification
- Versatile: when combined with the adapter, it can be used as a full-size SDHC card
- Compatible: with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers
- File Format: FAT32
- Reliable: lifetime warranty
- Capacities*: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Dimensions: 0.43" x 0.59" x 0.039" (11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
- Speed: Class 10 – 10 MB/s. minimum data transfer rate
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185° (-40°C to 85°C)
- Weight: .1 oz. (2.7g)
*Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.