The new GT660 from MSI is the fist notebook to combine Dynaudio surround-sound and USB 3.0 along with three DDR3 slots as well for a massive amount of memory. The GT660 also includes a Corei7 and GTX 285M graphics, all for about $1650..
“Quality notebooks capable of high performance and extreme gaming are difficult to come by. My experience with the GT660 was phenomenal…never before have I been able to run the latest games without any glitches in performance,” said Team EG professional gamer, Jordan "n0thing" Gilbert. “Not only was my gaming experience flawless, but the sleek design and durability of the notebook means it will withstand the normal bumps and bruises that come with traveling around the world."
Specific GT660 product highlights include:
- More memory and top-of-the-line graphics card: The GT660 features three DDR3 memory slots, giving the notebook computing power one would expect from a server. The notebook is also equipped with NVIDIA’s most advanced GeForce GTX 285M discrete graphics card with 1GB DDR3 of display memory.
- Latest and fastest USB 3.0 data transfer technology: USB 3.0 can reach transfer rates of 4.8GB per second, 10 times the bandwidth of the current USB 2.0. A 27GB HD file – roughly the equivalent of a four hour HD video – can be transferred within 70 seconds, so HD video and 3D game playback speeds are even faster.
- World-class sound: As a result of its partnership with world-renowned sound system provider, Dynaudio, MSI completely overhauled the speaker circuits and housing structures traditionally found in laptops to give the GT660 crisper, more true-to-life sound. The MSI/Dynaudio R&D team determined the most ideal locations for the unit’s speakers, and tested each frequency to ensure a balanced tone and to produce high-quality fidelity.
- Powerful hardware delivers enhanced horsepower and speed: The GT660 includes the world’s most advanced Intel Core i7 quad core processor, which boasts superior multimedia performance and can retrieve data from Blu-ray disks or update online photo albums twice as fast as conventional dual core notebooks. The processor also comes with Intel’s Turbo Boost technology, allowing users to power up or down as necessary, depending on the load requirements of the task at hand.
- TDE and overclocking technology: The MSI GT660 is the world’s first notebook to come with dual overclocking for processor and display performance. One touch of the Turbo hotkey kicks in MSI’s exclusive TDE+ technology (Turbo Drive Engine + technology) so the notebook remains highly responsive whether using high-load applications or gaming. Also with one touch, MSI’s Cooler Boost technology keeps the system’s temperature down in even the hottest conditions.
- Entertainment in HD: The GT660’s wide cinema-class 16:9 ratio LED display delivers the sharpest colors while viewing HD films. The HD720p webcam allows for fast, interference-free web calls with friends and family.
- Forged 3D supercar exterior: Designed to resemble a sports car hood, MSI’s white logo is set in the center of the GT660’s cover, framed by a raised black diamond trident above a glowing red slash.
For more information, including a complete list of specs, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=243.
About MSI Notebook
Based in City of Industry, Calif., MSI Notebook manufactures and sells a wide array of mobile computing products. Its product lines include the highly-praised G-Series gaming notebooks, the award-winning and ultra-portable U-Series, the ultra-slim and ultra-portable X-Series, the classic and affordable C-Series, and the newest addition to MSI Notebook, the F-series. Each product line is designed with the latest technology to meet a specific set of needs for the various classifications of mobile users. To learn more about MSI Notebook’s complete offerings, please visit www.msimobile.com.