Panasonic today announced the release of two new full-HD camcorders, the HX-WA10 and HM-TA20.
The new waterproof Full-HD Camcorder HX-WA10, which allows easy, effortless photo and video shooting. The WA10 is also optimized for shooting outdoors and in rainy weather. It captures stunning, detailed images with Full-HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, thanks to Backside Illumination (BSI) technology for shooting in dimly lit conditions, and 16-megapixel still image recording with top-class digital camera quality. This lets users easily enjoy authentic HD shooting in a wide range of situations.
The MPEG-4 AVC file format (MP4) is convenient for uploading and editing images with a PC or the Internet. Blog and SNS handles are also easily used. Operation of the WA10 is very very easy thanks to the included HD Writer VE 1.0 software, which is compatible with both YouTube and Facebook, With the release of this new multi functional camcorder, Panasonic offers users the ability to shoot Full-HD videos and high-resolution photos, even during rugged outdoor, recreational and everyday activities.
Along with the WA10, Panasonic will also be releasing the HX-DC10 and the HX-DC1. The HX-DC10 features bright and stunning Full-HD video shooting with BSI Sensor, 16-Megapixel still picture recording and the highest class resolution among compact digital cameras. With the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode optimal settings can be always in use. The HX-DC1 features Full HD Recording in MP4 Format, 14-megapixel Still Picture Recording and a 3.0-inch Wide TFT LCD Monitor.
Also released, is the tough designed new HD Mobile Camera HM-TA20. The TA20 features a triple tough design that is waterproof, shockproof and dustproof, and Night View mode for shooting in dim lighting. These features greatly expand shooting possibilities — for both movies and photos — and allow users to enjoy active movie shooting during all kinds of sports and recreational activities. In addition, a large 3.0-inch Touch LCD enables easy and intuitive operation anywhere and anytime. The TA20 features the MPEG-4 AVC file format (MP4), which is convenient for uploading and editing images with a PC or the Internet.
The TA20 includes an integrated USB terminal in its compact body. After editing images inside the camera, the user simply connects the camera to a PC and the built-in software launches automatically. This makes it easy to upload movies online, such as to Facebook or YouTube. The new model can also be used as a web camera.
In addition to the TA20, Panasonic will also introduce the TA2 HD Mobile Camera which features Night View Mode for Bright Movie Shooting, a larger 3.0-inch LCD with Touch Operation and a bundled tripod stand for self-portraits.
Waterproof for Active Shooting
The WA10 can be used to a depth of 3 meters underwater for up to 60 minutes4/5 complying with IPX8 standards.
4. Must be placed in dry conditions for more than 10 minutes after being used in water for 60 minutes.
5. This doesn’t guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
Bright and Stunning Full-HD Video Shooting with BSI Sensor
The BSI (Backside Illumination) sensor technology has improved the sensitivity of the CMOS sensor, making it possible to shoot images with high-resolution Full-HD quality even in dimly lit areas. Full HD video (1920 x 1080 pixels) can also be captured in all kinds of year-round outdoor conditions, not only in the rain or while swimming in a pool or the ocean, but also during marine sports6 such as snorkelling and surfing, and winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. The PC-friendly MPEG-4 AVC file format (MP4) makes it super easy to load and edit data with a PC. It’s also hassle-free to directly upload video clips to YouTube or Facebook with the included application after editing.
6. When using the camera in sub-zero or hot and humid conditions, be careful of condensation.
16-Megapixel Still Image Recording – Highest Class Resolution among Compact Digital Cameras
The WA10 captures 16-megapixel photos, in addition to Full-HD video shooting. By separating photo and video capture buttons: images can be captured by using only the thumb to press the desired button, without having to change modes. By pressing the still image button, even while shooting a movie will produce a photo with resolution of up to 2 megapixels.7
7. Varies depending on the Movie mode used for shooting.
– Stylish, easy-to-hold vertical design
– 2.7 -inch wide TFT LCD monitor
– Capable of shooting faraway subjects with an optical 5x zoom/12x Advanced zoom for movie recording.
– Blur-free shooting with E.I.S (Electrical Image Stabilizer)
– Automatic optimal settings with iA (Intelligent Auto) mode8/9
– Captures faces beautifully with Face Detection
– Clearly records sound with stereo microphones
– MP4 recording for easy PC networking
– Mini HDMI Terminal10 for enjoying even more beautiful Full-HD resolution
– Compatible with large-capacity recording media SDXC memory card
– Rechargeable via USB port: High-power mode
8. iA includes 4 settings: Face detection/Intelligent Scene Selector/Intelligent Contrast Control/AF and AE Tracking
9. The functions included in iA may not be applied when conditions do not call for them.
10. An HDMI mini cable is not included.
Full-HD Shooting with a 3-Meter Waterproof, 1.5-Meter Shockproof and Dustproof Design
The TA20 can be used underwater at depths down to 3 meters. The TA20 is dustproof for use in sandy or dusty places, and shockproof against drops from up to 1.5 meters1 for active movie shooting fun in various situations. The TA20 features high picture quality with Full-HD recording in MP4 format making it ideal for clear, high-resolution viewing both on a large-screen TV and a PC.
1. This doesn’t guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
Night View Mode for Bright Movie Shooting
When shooting in dim lighting, the TA20 will automatically prompt the use of Night View Mode. This new function enables shooting at a frame rate of 1/15 with a single operation, which makes it possible to shoot bright images even in dimly lit conditions, such as a birthday party scene where someone is blowing out candles or a party at night.
Large 3.0-inch LCD with Touch Operation
The TA20 features a large 3.0-inch LCD with Touch Operation providing smooth, intuitive operation for anyone. The Touch Operation controls not only essential operations such as play, record, stop and zoom, but also enables users to edit, upload and configure settings with one finger. By holding the camera horizontally, images that were taken can be immediately viewed on the large LCD screen.
– Tripod stand included for self-portraits
– Shooting faraway subjects with 4x Digital Zoom
– 8-megapixel still picture recording
– Blur-free shooting with E.I.S (Electrical Image Stabilizer)2
– Automatic optimal settings with iA (Intelligent Auto) mode3/4
– Captures faces beautifully with Face Detection
– 1-button simple operation for easy recording
– Simultaneous linear PCM sound recording with still pictures
– Still image cut out from video clips5/6
– Three playback effects: sepia/monochrome/soft skin
– Use as webcam with Skype
– Direct connection to high-definition TVs with a single HDMI cable
For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company’s website at http://panasonic.net.