I got the Undead Nightmare via DLC and it’s a ton of fun, even though I haven’t had much time to really play it lately. The Undead DLC and the rest of the Red Dead DLCs are all now on one disc for you.
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare* standalone playable disc is now available at retailers in North America for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. It will be available in Europe on November 26, 2010.
“The Western frontier is completely transformed into a classic zombie-horror fight for survival.”
“Undead Nightmare makes an entirely new game from Red Dead Redemption’s amazing open world,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “The Western frontier is completely transformed into a classic zombie-horror fight for survival.”
The single, standalone Undead Nightmare disc bundles together for the first time ever, the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date:
- Undead Nightmare — one-of-a-kind single- and multiplayer experience pitting John Marston against a sinister zombie outbreak;
- Outlaws to the End — Co-Op mission pack where players team up to complete up to six unique missions set throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption;
- Legends and Killers — multiplayer pack which adds nine maps, eight characters from Red Dead Revolver, and the Tomahawk weapon;
- Liars and Cheats — multiplayer pack that adds new modes, including Stronghold, Horse Racing, Liar’s Dice and Poker, along with new characters and the Explosive Rifle;
- And finally, Undead Nightmare includes all Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer Free Roam modes, challenges and achievements/trophies released to date.
Additionally, the original soundtrack for Undead Nightmare is now available for download on iTunes worldwide with 18 original tracks. Acclaimed composers of the original Red Dead Redemption soundtrack, Bill Elm and Woody Jackson, return for the terrifically spooky soundtrack to Undead Nightmare, accompanied by epic Southern Gothic rockabilly tracks from guest performers Kreeps and Misterio.
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare will be available at retail stores for $29.99/£24.99/€29.99. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB, and does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.
Set in the early years of the 20th century, Red Dead Redemption is an epic Western journey across the vanishing American frontier through the eyes of former outlaw John Marston. Alongside the rich, immersive single-player experience, Red Dead Redemption‘s multiplayer offers a world of dynamic challenges and competitive games suited for a player of any skill level.
For more news and information, visit the official Red Dead Redemption website (www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption)