Futuremark Games Studio today released a new gameplay trailer for Shattered Horizon™, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The trailer showcases the game’s complete freedom of movement and intense zero gravity combat.
In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Survivors on the Moon are forced into conflict with those trapped on the battered International Space Station. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space.
With simple and intuitive controls, players have complete freedom of movement making full use of the distinctive zero gravity environments to control the battle. Shattered Horizon rewards players with gameplay and tactics impossible in games constrained by gravity.
This new trailer shows real players experiencing Shattered Horizon’s zero gravity combat. The ISS, Flipside and Arc levels are shown in a trailer for the first time and the player’s HUD, the three grenade types, scoped shots and melee attacks are also revealed.
“Shattered Horizon is this year’s most original first-person shooter,” said Jukka Mäkinen, Head of Futuremark Games Studio. “In a sea of sequels, Shattered Horizon offers PC gamers a fresh and innovative shooter with intense zero gravity combat that cannot be found in other games.”
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the highly anticipated first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of combat in space.
- Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
- Engage enemies in furious firefights, or ambush them from unexpected angles. Use tactical grenades to disable electronics, block line of sight or push enemies out from cover.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Dedicated servers hosted by Futuremark Games Studio at launch with server code being made available for the community shortly afterwards.
Release date: November 4, 2009
Suggested retail price: €19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
Free downloadable expansion packs featuring new levels after launch.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10 on Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.
Pre-order now and save 10 percent. Players who pre-order will also be invited to help test new levels before they are made public: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow.