…and leaves Android users out in the cold. Sony has an Android phone or phones and tablets, or at least Sony Mobile does, but yet they launch an app for iOS only. That makes no sense to me, but then again, not much of what these big corporations do makes any sense to me. The new Sony Album of the Day app is just that, sort of, they want you to spend money and buy music from them. The app gives you an album of the day at a discounted price that is “up to 70%” off every 24 hours. Yeah, not interested, but you might be, so details below for you…
Sony Music Entertainment today announced the launch of its first music flash sales app, Album of the Day, for iPhone and iPod touch. The Album of the Day App allows music fans to access limited-time daily offers from artists they know and love.
The Album of the Day App is an easy-to-use iPhone and iPod touch app that gives music fans limited-time access to purchase their favorite artists’ albums at affordable prices. Album of the Day surprises music fans daily with a single album offering, giving fans of all types the opportunity to discover great albums missing from their digital music library.
The new Album of the Day App includes the following features:
- Daily Offers: A new album will be released every 24 hours, available for purchase at a discounted price up to 70% off, limited for 24 hours.
- App Content: Users can view artist images, read up on the album and preview clips of the tracks from the album instantly.
- Community: Users can spread the word and share access to offers with friends through their social networks.
- Checkout: Users can purchase albums using their iTunes account and download albums directly to their iTunes library.
- First Access: Users receive a daily push notification with a new offer giving them first access to those offers.
- Variety: Albums are culled from a large and iconic library of music featuring different genres across all different eras.
"We appreciate that music fans today consume their music in a myriad of ways," says Adam Block, President of Sony Music’s Legacy Recordings. "Sony Music remains committed to making the consumer experience as easy and enjoyable as possible for them wherever and whenever they choose. The Album of the Day App offers a great new deal on a featured album every day by top artists, giving fans the opportunity to download their favorite music directly from the app."
The Album of the Day App launch line up includes music legends and artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, Santana, Dixie Chicks, Audioslave, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Kings of Leon, P!nk, Bob Dylan, Lauryn Hill, The Script, Usher, Meat Loaf, Rodriguez, Sade, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys and more.
The Album of the Day App was first developed by Sony Music Germany and launched there in March 2014 with extremely successful results in just a few months. Sony Music Entertainment is now bringing the flash sales app to the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. As of early July, Sony Music Germany continuously sees the albums they feature charting on iTunes. Top iTunes chart performances and albums include leading artists; Kings of Leon, Whitney Houston, P!nk, Pitbull, Johnny Cash and others.
The Album of the Day App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com.