Thin as in World’s thinnest, but then again it seems that every month we have something claiming to be the world’s something or other doesn’t it?! At 7.7mm the new and upcoming Toshiba Excite X10 Android table is very thin, there’ no doubt about that. it weighs in at a mere 1.18 pounds and it has a 10.1” screen that will feature Gorilla Glass and will be running at 1280×800 resolution. The Excite X10 will come in 16gb or 32gb sizes and prices will be $529.99 and $599.99 respectively.
Powered by the Latest Android™ Technology
The Excite X10 tablet is powered by the latest Android™ platform technology. Also included is a full suite of familiar Google™ Mobile Service applications, including the Android Market™, YouTube™, Gmail™, Google Maps™, Music, Videos, plus select third-party applications including Netflix™.
- Latest Android technology
- 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
- 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations4
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
- Micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS® Labs
- Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 10.1” (W) x 6.9” (D) x 0.3” (H)
- 1.18 pounds (535g)
Pricing and Availability
The Excite X10 tablet will be available in mid-Q1 2012 for a starting price of $529.99 MSRP5 for the 16GB model and $599.99 MSRP for the 32GB model at major U.S. retailers, e-tailers and ToshibaDirect.com.