WOW!! $1699 for a set of headphones.. These are a limited edition run with only 888 of them being made and sold, supposedly they offer the best sound of any set of headphones out there.. somehow I don’t think I’ll be getting these for review, though I’d love to get the chance to check them out..
Based off the design of the original Edition 8 headphone, these new special edition headphones will be limited to only 888 units worldwide and feature luxurious details to create Ultrasone’s most visually stunning and acoustically pleasing headphones ever.
Edition 8 Limited Technical Specifications
- Principle: Dynamic / Closed
- Impedance: 30 Ohm
- Driver size: 40mm Titanium plated
- Magnet: NdFeB
- Frequency range: 6 – 42.000 Hz
- SPL: 96 dB
- Weight (excl. cord): 260g
- USC Cord length: 1,2m (OFC Cable)
- USC Extension cable 4m (OFC Cable)
- 3,5mm gold plated plugs
- Adapter 3,5/6,3mm gold plated
- ULE technology
The Edition 8 Limited headphones have a MSRP of $1699 and will be available in June at www.ultrasone.com and high-end audio retailers worldwide.