Glu Mobile Inc. a leading global publisher of mobile games, today announced the worldwide launch of Guitar Hero® 5 Mobile. The title was developed and published through Glu’s exclusive worldwide partnership with Activision Publishing, Inc.
Guitar Hero 5 Mobile allows fans to pick up their mobile devices and rock out on the guitar, drums and bass guitar to a collection of iconic bands. Gamers test their skills with three difficulty settings allowing endless hours of gameplay and can compare their scores with others from around the world.
“The Guitar Hero® franchise, with its global mass market appeal, is a hit perfectly suited for the mobile platform,” said Alex Galvagni, CTO & SVP Global Product Development, Glu. “A variety of new features and authentic musical gameplay allow gamers and music fans alike to enjoy this rockin’ experience.”
- New Instruments – Play guitar, drums and bass guitar for all songs
- New Songs – A total of up to 20 new songs at launch with up to 19 additional downloadable songs
- Iconic Rock Bands – Play along to high quality audio songs from Blink 182, Rush, 3 Doors Down, Sublime, Vampire Weekend and more
- Global Leaderboards – Compare scores to other players from around the world
- Multiple Venues – Play as different characters in 3 new venues – San Francisco, Cairo and the New York City subway
- Gameplay Variety – Unlock four additional guitars and drums, earn 31 achievements and break records
- Enhanced Visuals – Animated rockers, crowds and venue effects will make gamers feel like a true rocker
Guitar Hero 5 Mobile is now available on all major carriers worldwide. For more information, go to www.glu.com. For live updates, follow Glu Mobile on Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/glumobile.
About Glu Mobile
Glu (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global publisher of mobile games. Its portfolio of top-rated games includes original titles Bonsai Blast, Brain Genius, Glyder, Stranded, Super K.O. Boxing! and titles based on major brands from partners including Activision, Atari, Fox Mobile Entertainment, Harrah’s, Hasbro, Konami, Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, SEGA, Sony and Warner Bros. Founded in 2001, Glu is based in San Mateo, Calif. and has offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Russia and Spain. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Japan, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.