On October 13th Verizon will be getting the Samsung Stratosphere, which is their first 4G enabled phone with a full QWERTY keyboard. Pricing will be $149.99 after $50 rebate and oh course the obligatory new 2yr agreement. The phone has some decent specs like a 4” Super AMOLED screen with a 1Ghz CPU and a 5mp rear camera along with a 1.3mp front facing camera. The Stratosphere will be running Android Gingerbread and all which that entails.
The slim Samsung Stratosphere is the first 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless equipped with a 5-row QWERTY keyboard and designed with Samsung’s 4-inch Super AMOLED display. Additionally, the Stratosphere supports enhanced B2B-enabled connectivity services from Cisco™, the most comprehensive mobile implementation of Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync and support for secure remote device management from Sybase.
Ideal for the business professional, the Samsung Stratosphere offers robust data management support. The Stratosphere will support Samsung’s Enterprise Platform enhancements such as VPN, encryption and Mobile Device Management (MDM). The Stratosphere will also come equipped with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), features such as direct push, email, calendar, contact sync, Global Address List (GAL) as well as EAS policies including storage card encryption, device encryption and simple & complex password support, all essential for streamlining business on the smartphone.
- 4G LTE– customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
· 5-row QWERTY keyboard
· Samsung Super AMOLED Screen Technology – Brilliant screen makes watching movies, viewing videos and playing games come to life, even in bright light and outdoor environments
- Android 2.3, Gingerbread– support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market
· Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for video chat and 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus and flash (720p HD playback/480p DVD-quality recording; playback on Stratosphere screen in HD-like quality)
- Mobile Hotspot Capability – share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
- AllShare – Enables wireless connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), so customers can send multimedia content to other DLNA Certified-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
· Samsung Media Hub – Samsung’s own content service, offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase
· Bluetooth 3.0 Technology – Support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
· Multiple video file formats supported, including DivX and XviD support
· Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Samsung’s enterprise mobility solutions will provide flexibility and connectivity for mobile workforces, ensuring that users are able to operate more efficiently on–the-move.
· Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) – Communicate directly with your Microsoft Exchange Server enabling push email, calendar, and contacts
· Support for Cisco AnyConnect 2.1 SSL VPN – Supports access to private corporate networks using industry-standard VPN protocols with enhanced security of 4G LTE networks helps users tap into VPN networks with no waiting
· Encryption Services – Users and IT administrators can initiate a remote wipe command to erase private information
· Support for Sybase Afaria – Mobile device management (MDM) capabilities that allows an integrated experience for the end user in the event it is required by their IT department or corporate policy