Not too sure about the name FiveSpot, but hey what’s in a name right? I say as long as it works I don’t care too much for what it’s called. The new Wi-Fi hotspot from Verizon is 3G and it’s global ready so you can take it anyway. It’ll set you back $100 after $100 mail-in rebate with new 2yr agreement. Plans range from $40 to $80, and there’s several to choose from like pay as you go basically where it expires in a month, or just straight monthly access.
- The Fivespot™ supports:
- CDMA 1xEV-DO Rev. A/Rev. 0: 800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- VPN support
- One-click to power on/off
- Instructive LED indicators
- Small, stylish form factor measuring 3.92 x 2.11 x 0.55 inches
- 2.82 ounces
Price and availability:
- The Fivespot™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Oct. 7 for $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Mobile Broadband pricing:
- Customers will need to choose from one of the various price plans to connect to Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network, which also gives them access to thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots at no additional charge and allows them to move easily from the nation’s most reliable 3G wireless network to those hotspots:
- $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and $0.10/MB overage
- $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance and $0.05/MB overage
- Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans are also available:
- $15 for 100 MB (one day of use)
- $30 for 300 MB (one week of use)
- $50 for 1 GB (30 days of use)
- $80 for 5 GB (30 days of use)
- Customers traveling abroad can sign up for one of the following plans:
- $129.99 monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, $0.05/MB overage), 100 MB allowance in select countries ($0.005/KB after allowance)
- $219.99 monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, $0.05/MB overage), 200 MB allowance in select countries ($0.005/KB after allowance)
- GlobalAccess Pay Per Use for occasional use must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the United States. The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002/KB in Canada, $0.005/KB in Mexico, and $0.02/KB in more than 200 other destinations.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.