SteelSeries is well known for their gaming products and they’ve just announced that their newest mouse the Sensei is now available for purchase. This mouse has gotten rave reviews already form many sites across the internet, from what I’ve read it’s probably the best gaming moue on the market today for the money. The Sensei has an MSRP of $89.99 and it allows for complete customization of buttons, macros and even colors along with multiple profiles and other settings.
The most customizable mouse to ever hit the competitive gaming industry, the SteelSeries Sensei, is now available online for consumers directly from the SteelSeries’ Web Shop. With an MSRP of $89.99 / €89.99, and a list of original features that have been perfected alongside some of the world’s most recognized competitive gamers, the Sensei is setting a new standard in mouse customization and capabilities; some of these features include:
- A 32 bit ARM processor, that powers sophisticated calculations to be done directly on the mouse – without the need for software drivers and without having to rely on the user’s computer.
- Complete customization, from the buttons, macros and multiple profiles to the colors, and technology settings.
- Illumination with 16.8 million colors choices to be programmed in 3 different zones on the mouse.
- Sensitivity settings that can be changed in increments of one from 1 to 5,700 CPI, and an “overclocked” Double CPI feature that allows the user to go all the way up to 11,400 DCPI.
- A 10.8 megapixel image correlation laser sensor at up to 12,000 frames per second and the ability to handle tracking movements of up to 150 inches per second.
- An ambidextrous design with a metal, non-slip grip coating and is connected with a double braided nylon cord with a USB connector.
- Simple plug and play; for the PC Gamers* who want advanced customization options, the Sensei is supported by SteelSeries Engine technology – save multiple profiles, create long and advanced macros with layers, keystrokes and precise timing. The Sensei Mouse is compatible with both Mac and PC; *SteelSeries Engine for Mac will be coming in 2012; for PC it is available now.
Introduced just last month during GamesCom, the Sensei has already received awards and recognition from industry media for its superior design, customization and functionality. The first of these reviews and awards to be published include, Hardware Heaven with a 10/10 score and the coveted Diamond Award, XS Reviews with a 9/10 score and a Gold Editor’s Choice Award, LanOC with a 10/10 score and both the Editor’s Choice and Top Honors Awards, and KitGuru with a 9/10 score and the Must Have Award. You can find the full roster of reviews on the Sensei page; be sure to keep an eye out for more that are coming soon.