The first thing that comes to your mind when playing the League of Legends is selecting the best champion. However, the current League of Legends has over 150 champions. As such, it can be challenging to choose the right champion for your game. Although there is a rotating sampling of free champions per week, you must play to unlock champions if they are not in their free week. Each champion has an entry-level cost of 450 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points. You can unlock your champion from the shop tab in the League of Legends clients. Here are the top champions to play in the League of Legends.
- Ashe. This is the original champion in the League of Legends tutorial. Ashe is ideal for new players since she has a long-range and an ability to provide utility for the team. Ashe also has auto attacks that slow down the enemy. Her W Volley has a large hit-box. Ashe has two global spells. Her E Hawk shoots scouts and reveals the map over the location it travels. Her R Enchanted Crystal Arrow is essential in stunning the first enemy hit. However, ensure you lay her behind your teammates and take advantage of the long auto attack range. Use the Hawk shot to spot the enemies and the Enchanted Crystal Arrow to stun them and allow your team to follow up. Ashe has limited mobility, so the best spells to use are the Flash and Heal.
- Annie. Annie is a great champion if you want to cause a lot of damage. She has passive Pyromania that allows her to stun enemies after every four spells cast. As such, you can use her to control a crowd excellently. Her Q Disintegrate is a target spell that deals damage and farms minions. Her Q Disintegrate also has a low cooldown and refunds mana when it kills its target. Annie’s ultimate Summon, Tibbers, is her huge nuke spell that can summon a controllable pet that can continue to deal damage until killed or timed out. Always keep track of your passive to allow you to use the stun effect on enemy champions. Use your stun with Summon to maximize damage, especially since Tibbers can hit several enemies with the spell.
- Garen. If you want to have strong defensive abilities, use Garen. His passive allows him to regenerate health fast when out of combat. As such, Garen can back off after taking damage and still stay healthy. His Q Decisive Strikes him extra move speed and silences targets on his next attack. If you combine this with his E Judgement, Garen can spin a move that deals damage to any enemy in range. His R Demacian Justice deals extra damage to low-health enemies and is great for finishing off enemies. If you get into a fight or a dangerous situation, press your W Courage beforehand to reduce the damage you take, gain shield and tenacity. The R Demacian is ideal on low health tanks because it deals true damage and ignores resistance.
- Soraka. If you love protecting and helping your teammates, go for Soraka. She has two damaging spells that are ideal for utility. Saraka’s Q Starcall slows, and herE Equinox silences enemies. She also has two healing abilities. Her W Astral Infusion heals an ally near her, while her R Wish heals allies regardless of proximity. When using Astral Infusion, Saraka takes from her health to treat allies. As such, ensure you do not sacrifice too much health. The Flash and Barrier spell helps Soraka to survive when enemies get too close to her.
- Amumu. If you are a first-time jungler, Amumu is the champion for you. His W Despair deals damage each second to surrounding enemies, and his E Tantrum is a spammable AoE spell. His Q Bandage Toss is his crowd control spell that enables him to close gaps with enemies. Amumu’s R Curse of the Sad Mummy is among the powerful spells in the game and can root all enemies in a large area around him. Amumu is also good at tricking because he has a stun and gap closer. His Q Bandage Toss is a skill shot. As such, use it on an already controlled crowd to ensure it connects.
While it is tough to list all champions, you can always find more info about these champions. Remember that each champion has unique abilities and may or may not be the best for your skill level.