Ok, instead of posting five different posts, I’ve got all the Kingston CES stuffs in one for you. We’ve got USB 3.0, RAM and new, fast SD Cards as well.
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX memory cards. The highest speed class available today, the UltimateXX meets standards set by the Secure Digital Association for next-level performance in SD card technology.
Shipping later this month, Kingston’s UltimateXX memory cards are ideal for the serious photographer or videographer. Photographers will appreciate the ability to easily capture sequential shots that were once a challenge due to the speed limitations of memory. The UltimateXX also makes it easy to capture HD video. The performance of SDHC UHS-I memory card is optimized when paired with a UHS-I device, although the card is backwards compatible with Class 4, 6 and 10 equipment.
“Kingston is pleased to be one of the first manufacturers to offer SDHC UHS-I memory cards to our customers,” said Mike Kuppinger, Flash card product manager, Kingston®. “Being a member of the SD Association enhances our ability to bring new technology to market. As the devices that support SDHC UHS-I become prevalent, our UltimateXX cards are at the ready.”
Kingston’s UltimateXX line meets the SD Association standards for the UHS-I speed class with speeds up to 60MB/sec. read and 35MB/sec. write. At this performance level, the write speed of SDHC UHS-I memory cards is more than three times as fast as SDHC Class 10 cards. The UltimateXX product line will offer capacities of 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
Kingston SDHC UHS-1 UltimateXX Features and Specifications:
· Performance: 233x – up to 60MB/sec. read, and 35MB/sec. write
· Fast: ultra high-speed bus I (UHS-I)
· Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification version 3.01
· Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
· Compatible: with SDHC and SDXC host devices, not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
· Reliable: lifetime warranty
· Simple: as easy as plug-and-play
· Capacities*: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
· Dimensions: 0.94" x 1.25" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
· Weight: 0.09oz (2.5g)
· Storage Temperatures: -40° F to 185° F (-40° C to 85° C)
· Operating Temperatures: -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to 85° C)
· Voltage: 3.3V
· File Format: FAT32
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Guide at
Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of HyperX® Genesis Special Edition Grey. The high-performance dual-channel memory kits are engineered to complement the new motherboards featuring the Intel® P67 Sandy Bridge platform as well as existing P55-based systems.
“The modern design and look accentuates the new black and grey P67 motherboards just reaching the market,” said Mark Tekunoff, senior technology manager, Kingston®. “With performance memory frequency initially at 2133MHz and 1600MHz, these new additions to the family of HyperX products meet the demands of everyone from the enthusiast vying for the fastest benchmark score to the weekend gamer.”
HyperX Genesis Special Edition Grey is available in DDR3 2133- and 1600MHz 4GB kits. Kingston HyperX memory is backed by a lifetime warranty and free 24/7 technical support.
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it has released new videos in the widely popular SSD Destructo series. The videos will debut during International CES 2011 on Kingston’s YouTube channel at
For more detailed information, visit www.kingston.com.