The new Razer Kraken headphones are designed for both music and gaming and they even come with two cords, one for gaming and one for use with your phone. The headphones are made from forged aircraft grade aluminum and seem to have some decent specs. The price is about $300 with availability listed as December.
Razer™, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the launch of its new top-of-the-line headphones: the Razer Kraken Forged Edition.
Crafted with ear cups that are machined out of aircraft-grade aluminum and finished with a matte texture, the Razer Kraken Forged Edition is carefully hand-assembled, ensuring the build quality matches the premium looks and guts.
Razer’s renowned audio engineers spent countless hours fine-tuning the Kraken Forged Edition’s 40 mm bass-heavy drivers to perfection. As a result, the neodymium pair work in unison with the headphone’s acoustic chambers and isolated closed ear cup design to deliver booming bass, clear mids and crisp highs for sound that’s optimized for music and pitch-perfect for gaming.
With plush leatherette ear cushions lining the ear cups, a fully adjustable headband and a lightweight, foldable design, the Razer Kraken Forged Edition headphones are designed for extended use.
The Razer Kraken Forged Edition also includes a swappable cable with an in-line microphone, giving users the versatility to easily convert it into a headset for gaming or telephony.
Price: U.S. $299.99 / EU €299.99
Razerzone.com – Order Now
Worldwide – December 2013
- Drivers: 40 mm Neodymium Magnets
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 ? at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1 kHz: 100 dB ± 3 dB
- Input Power: 30 mW
- Approximate Weight: 390 g
- Frequency Response: 50 – 10,000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 60 dB
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): -38 dB ± 3 dB
- Pick-up Pattern: Omni-directional
- Machined, aircraft-grade aluminum
- Custom-tuned 40 mm neodymium magnet drivers
- Comfortable, versatile form factor
- Closed ear cup design for optimal sound isolation
- Foldable ear cup design
- Hard carrying case for portability
- ¼-in. audio connector included
- Swappable cable system with included in-line microphone cable
- Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm or ¼-in. audio jack
- Audio + Microphone Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
(Compatible with Apple iPhone®, HTC®, BlackBerry®. The Razer Kraken Forged works well with smart phones and laptops that come default with a 4 pin TRRS audio + mic combined jack. Razer cannot guarantee performance for use with third party splitter cables.)
For more information about the Razer Kraken Forged Edition, please visit www.razerzone.com/Kraken-Forged.