Are you setting up a new business? The first thing that will be on your mind will be creating a business name. A lot is going to depend on what name you will choose: your domain name, email address, and many other elements will be based on this name. Then there are the intrinsic effects of the name, it tells your target audience and the general masses what your business is about. Your company name is also the first thing that your audience will learn about you.
So how do you create the perfect business name and relevant business email address? The following guide should help you in this regard.
Use a Business Name Generator
If you are finding it hard to come up with a business name, it is best to use a Business Name Generator. Such an online tool makes it easy to come up with multiple proposed names. All you have to do is to describe your business using a few words that are most relevant to your company’s profile.
When using such a tool, it is important to keep your industry, products, and USP in mind. Consider which words come first to your mind when thinking of your company, services, products, and the experience you desire to deliver when someone interacts with your company.
Consider What Your Business Stands For
Start by considering what your business stands for. You should also keep your target audience in mind. Consider the following points when coming up with the name:
· The message you want to send across through your business name
· Priorities for the company name
· Consider if the name should be related to your products or services
· Consider what emotions the name should instill in people when they read or think of your company name
It is also recommended to check your competition’s business names.
Once you have received suggestions from the Business Name Generator, create a list of the names you would like to choose. Then, check those names for availability. Check the name whether:
· It is already in use
· Is being used as a domain name
· Has been trademarked
In any such scenarios, you should choose another name from the list.
Create a Professional Business Email
As already mentioned, your business name will also be included in your email address. It is important to create a professional email address using your domain name, something like firstname.lastname@example.org. So it is required to create a website even before you contemplate creating email addresses.
If you already don’t have a website, New Year is just the right time for creating a new site. According to stats, it is the best time of the year for creating a site. Studies show that 46% more websites get created during the week after the New Year than the week before. In this digital age, it is crucial that every business have a website.
Tips for Creating Your Business Email Address
Once you have a website in place, you should create a professional email address. Your email is an important part of your business’s identity. This is the reason why 87% of marketers still use email campaigns for nurturing their target audience. Follow these steps to create your professional, business email address:
· Choose a premium plan
· Connect your domain and your website
· Select the number of mailboxes you will need for your business
· Select a subscription
Once set, it is possible to access all your email accounts from one place.
Benefits of Having a Professional Email Address
There are many advantages of having a business email address compared to using a free webmail with Gmail or Yahoo. The key benefits include the following:
· Builds Customer Trust: When you contact your potential customers or existing clients through a professional email containing your domain name, it helps build trust. The same effect cannot be achieved if they receive an email from a business with a Gmail account.
· Speaks of Professionalism: Potential customers want to deal with businesses that are reliable. A business email is a clear sign of professionalism. It speaks volumes about how serious you are about your business operations.
· Increases Brand Recall Value: Every time someone receives an email from your professional email address or views it, they learn about your business name. Further, the combination of trust and professionalism increases brand recall value. It also makes it easy for your target audience to find your website and explore more information.
There are many more advantages to using a professional email address. This includes branding, lead generation, powerful spam filtering, and a higher level of security when compared to free webmail services. Among other reasons, email is still the preferred medium of communication for your target audience. According to one study, white-collar workers that include key business decision-makers, spend an average of 2.5 hours per weekday checking their emails.
So, if you have a new business, make sure to follow these tips and keep the points in mind when naming your company. You should follow this up by creating a website and professional email addresses.