I wonder if Verizon has anything like this, I love FIOS TV and it would be great if I could find something for my Android like this app for Comcast XFinity.
Comcast Corporation today announced it has made available its popular Xfinity TV app to an even broader audience, officially launching it on Android Market. The Xfinity TV app, which is free to Comcast digital subscribers, enables customers to search and instantly find what to watch among thousands of choices — including top movies and premium cable shows — on TV, On Demand, online or on a smartphone.
“This important launch is another key milestone in Comcast’s ongoing effort to provide Xfinity TV service on as many devices as possible including smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs.”
The Xfinity TV app originally debuted on the Apple iOS in November, and since then it has been downloaded more than 1.3 million times. Now, customers with Android-powered mobile devices can also enjoy its many entertainment controls and features, including:
- Browse and discover video content from either TV listings or selections from the On Demand library in a rich user interface with colorful poster art and details.
- Use it as a TV guide so, in just a few finger taps, users can find what to watch by reviewing their TV listings and change the channel in real time.
- Program their DVRs to record TV shows, series and movies so they never miss their favorites.
- Sort content based on different filters like HD, New, Networks, or type such as Movies, Kids, or Sports.
- Search by keyword or by title A-Z in TV listings or On Demand.
- Coming soon, customers will also be able to watch On Demand TV shows, movies and other video content directly on an Android-powered device.
“Android has a passionate, loyal and growing fan base who we believe will enjoy managing their Xfinity TV experience in the palm of their hand,” said Matt Strauss, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Comcast Interactive Media. “This important launch is another key milestone in Comcast’s ongoing effort to provide Xfinity TV service on as many devices as possible including smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs.”
Through a series of regular development updates, the Xfinity TV app for Android will continue to expand its features and functionality. Soon, customers will be able to access even more personalization features that enable them to create and manage a watchlist, customize their favorite TV listings and receive recommendations, plus other shortcuts and controls. Later this year, Comcast plans to enable live TV streaming in the home, so customers can turn their tablet into an additional TV screen.
The Xfinity TV app, along with the Xfinity Mobile app, are both examples of Comcast’s ongoing commitment to deliver more choice and control to its customers through its Xfinity services, which include 100+ HD channels, 50 to 70 foreign-language channels, On Demand video choices increasing to 25,000 and increased broadband speeds of up to 105 Mbps. Xfinity also offers thousands of online entertainment choices (at www.xfinitytv.com) as well as other applications that enable customers to program a DVR from the Internet or a mobile device, and cross-platform features like Caller ID to the TV and PC.
To learn more about the Xfinity TV app, please visit www.xfinity.com/tvapp.