Yes, more Corsair news for you, this is one is a bout a case, as if you didn’t figure that out from the headline up there. What makes this special though is that it’s Corsair’s first ever mini-ITX case and called the 250D and it’s from their Obsidian Series. The case is very small at 11.4 x 10.9 x 13.81 inches or 290mm x 277mm x 351.2mm and it weighs in at 9.7lbs about about 4.42kg. The case has all the features of a regular sized case but just in a much smaller package. MSRP is $89.99 with availability scheduled for the end of January.
Corsair’s smallest case to date, the Obsidian 250D means your PC no longer needs to dominate your desk, instead easily fitting on a book case, sitting beside your HDTV or carried away to a LAN party or dorm. Despite its diminutive size 250D supports not only many of the more popular performance Mini ITX motherboards, but also a wide range of full-size high-performance components, including many of Corsair’s Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers, allowing users to push their PC to the limit. The 250D also continues the elegant aesthetic legacy of the Obsidian series, combining a brushed aluminum fascia and sleek panels with a roof-mounted window to reveal the hardware inside.
“Thanks to the increasingly high performance of Mini-ITX boards, it is now possible to build an extremely powerful yet compact system,” said Xavier Lauwaert, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair. “The Obsidian 250D is made for users who want a smaller PC but don’t want to limit their hardware choices. With support for large liquid coolers, full-length graphics cards and full-size modular power supplies, 250D is Mini-ITX without compromise.”
Obsidian Series 250D Specifications
- Two expansion slots and 290mm of internal clearance allow the use of any current stock graphics card.
- Supports all modern ATX power supplies, with 200mm of PSU clearance
- Two tool-free 3.5”/2.5” combo bays
- Two tool-free 2.5” only bays
- Full-size 5.25” drive bay
- Two front mounted USB 3.0 ports for easy peripheral or external storage device connection.
- Two high-airflow fans are included (1x AF140L and one 1x AF120L) for excellent airflow and low noise levels.
- Room for up to 5 fans
- Radiator compatibility:
- Front – 120mm or 140mm
- Side – 120mm/240mm
Storage Layout Options
- Modular toolless drive caddies can be accessed from the rear of the case.
- A pair of 3.5”/2.5” drives and two 2.5” only drives can be simultaneously mounted.
- Full-size 5.25” optical drive bay.
Builder Friendly Features
- Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots.
- Tool-free 3.5”, 2.5”, and 5.25” drive bays.
- Easily accessible (and removable) front, side, and PSU dust filters.
- Excellent cable routing with multiple tie-down points for improved airflow and cleaner, neater builds.
- Two USB 3.0 ports and headphone/mic jacks in the front panel for easy access.
Dimensions and Weight
- Height x Width x Depth
- 11.4 x 10.9 x 13.81 inches
- 290mm x 277mm x 351.2mm
- 4.42 kg
- 9.7 lbs
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Obsidian Series 250D has a suggested retail price of $89.99 in the US and will be available in late January from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It is backed with a limited 2-year warranty and Corsair’s excellent customer service and technical support.
To learn more about Corsair PC cases, please visit: