The Radeon 7970 is here officially and it’s taken claim of the world’s fastest single-GPU card. With such a claim to fame you’d expect a high price and you’d be right as on January 9th you’ll have to shell out $549 to get the this beast for your computer system. This card is the only single-GPU on the planet based on 28nm production technology and supposedly offers a 150% performance boost over last gen cards. It kinda makes my 6000 series card fell old I think…
- The AMD Radeon™ 7970 brings an entirely new graphics chip architecture—dubbed the Graphics Core Next Architecture. With this new GCN Architecture, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 realizes a performance boost of over 150% over the previous generation.
- This new card boasts some of the best power management features in any graphics card on the planet. The AMD Radeon HD 7970 can convert unused power headroom into extra performance to crank things up and then turn its power usage down to nearly zero watts when it’s not in high demand or sitting idle.
- The AMD Radeon HD 7970 improves a host of popular PC entertainment features, allowing for rich and clear video playback, including stereo 3D and multi-monitor setups and features support for today’s (and tomorrow’s) highest-performance industry standards including PCIE 3.0 and HDMI 3GHz.
- AMD has owned multi-monitor PC viewing for quite some time and this new graphics card takes multi-monitor—AMD Eyefinity—to the next level. Using the AMD Radeon HD 7970, you can connect up to 5 monitors at once, pushing more than 20 million pixels of real estate. Additionally, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 can power a multi-monitor experience in stereo 3D. More than 70 game titles have been AMD Eyefinity-validated, while many are AMD Eyefinity-ready and hundreds more are AMD Eyefinity-compatible.
- The AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 is available starting January 9 for $549 US, a price that beats what AMD’s chief competitor, NVIDIA, can offer for the same cost. As well, please inform your readers and colleagues that we will be giving away one AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 via a contest on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AMD