–Dell is responding to people’s desire to have mobile products that help them stay connected and leverage the latest tools and services for immersive digital experiences on the go.
“Consumers are demanding enhanced mobility in high-quality devices, and want to know they have made smart choices with their purchases.”
Today at CES 2010, Dell showcased a broad range of new products including its first ultra-mobile gaming laptop. Additionally the company provided a peek at new products, including a 5-inch tablet concept and an Android-based smart phone for AT&T, both slated for launch in 2010. Dell also refreshed its Inspiron, Studio and Alienware systems incorporating the new Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 processors.
From a suite at the Palms Casino Resort, Dell gave bloggers, journalists and partners an early look at the upcoming devices, further illustrating how the company is using its unique relationships with people around the world to innovate consumer electronics to be more mobile, convenient and powerful.
“We are focused on technology and solutions that help people connect and share content virtually anytime and anyplace,” said Michael Tatelman, vice president of sales and marketing for Dell’s global consumer business. “Consumers are demanding enhanced mobility in high-quality devices, and want to know they have made smart choices with their purchases.”
Dell is expanding the personal-computing space with new products to respond to and best meet the expressed needs of consumers. The new products include:
- The Alienware M11x, the most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop in the universe — as easy to carry as it is powerful, making high-performance gaming accessible to all.
- A refreshed Studio 14 laptop for individuals who create and consume digital content, combining powerful technology with features that deliver a rich multi-media experience like enhanced audio solutions and high performance high definition displays.
- New versions of the popular Inspiron PC line continue to deliver on value and personalization while incorporating Intel’s new Core i5 processors and its “smart” features such as Turbo Boost technology.
Dell expanded on Wednesday’s announcement saying that U.S. based AT&T will become the next mobile operator to offer the Mini 3 Android-based smart phone.
Dell shared interesting results from a study of more than 1,500 people about their smart phone experiences. Among highlights: 82 percent of those who own smart phones said they would not leave home without them, while more than half of those surveyed said they wanted to choose from a wider variety of smart phones options from additional providers. For more information on the survey highlights visit Dell Official Flickr page.
- The Alienware M11x demonstrates the graphics power of a 15-inch laptop in an 11-inch form factor
- Play all of your games and media, whether at home or away, at HD 720p resolution
- With the Alienware M11x, gamers can enjoy the feel of the gaming without compromise anywhere they go
Alienware OptX™ AW2310 23" 3D Full HD Widescreen Monitor
- The 23" Alienware OptX™ AW2310 provides an immersive stereoscopic 3D experience that takes gamers to a whole new level of extreme, ultrarealistic game play*
- Enable intense stereoscopic 3D effects on hundreds of PC game titles with NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ technology
- Price for monitor is $499 (NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit not included)
- The most powerful 17-inch and 15-inch Alienware gaming laptops ever created
- The M17x, the most powerful 17-inch gaming laptop in the universe, now offers Intel Core i7 processors combined with dual graphics to deliver extreme frame rates at HD resolutions while maxing out game settings.
- The M15x delivers exceptional HD video and audio editing, 3D animation and high-end PC gaming
- M17x start at $1,799 and the M15x start at $1,399
- Redesigned Inspiron laptops full-featured and ideal for on-the-go media consumption
- Now with new, thinner chassis, 16:9 aspect HD displays, SRS Premium Sound™
- Available today with new turbo-charged Intel® Core™ i5 processors starting at $849.
- Systems featuring the Intel Core i3 processor will be available later this month, starting at $569.
- Ideal for consumers looking for great, high-value desktop computers
- Best-selling desktop line gets a boost from new processors, and many models may be personalized with color choices. Prices start at $269.
- Refreshed Studio laptops feature Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and are perfect for sharing photos, music and videos with friends and family.
- Portable Studio 14 available in North America later this month with prices starting at $699.
- Studio 15 has high-definition, 15.6-inch LED widescreen design and is rich with multimedia technology, like True HD resolutions that show off content crisply, starting at $849
- Studio 17 features beautiful 17.3-inch display, with unbelievably realistic audio. Prices start at $949
- Knock-out features for families seeking a high-performance, multi-purpose desktop computer
- Replaces Studio XPS 8000 with juiced-up Intel Core i5 processor technology, new theater-quality THX® TruStudio PC™ sound and cutting-edge design. Prices start at $749
People worldwide can buy Dell online, by phone and through more than 50,000 outlets.
*Stereoscopic 3D requires optional NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ Kit and a desktop system with Dual-Link DVI Ports and a compatible NVIDIA graphics solution. For a full list of system requirements please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Requirements.html.