This is a neat little product..
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the MobileLiteG2 card reader. The MobileLiteG2 is the second generation of the popular MobileLite Flash card reader, which allows easy data transfer between Flash memory cards and PC or Mac. Supported card formats include SD, SDHC, microSD, microSDHC, *Memory Stick® PRO Duo™, *Memory Stick® PRO-HG Duo™ and *Memory Stick® Micro™ (*M2).
“The MobileLiteG2 is a small, portable reader that makes managing content quick and convenient between a device like a mobile phone, digital camera or MP3 player, and a host device with a USB connection such as a PC,” said Wendy Lecot, Flash card business manager, Kingston. “For consumers and business users, the compact size and simple plug-and-play ability makes it an essential part of one’s mobile gear.”
The MobileLiteG2 has retractable covers on each side to protect the USB connector and the Flash memory cards from damage. It ships with a lanyard and short USB extension cable to make it easier to use with harder-to-reach USB slots. When in use, the MobileLiteG2 appears as two drive letters (e.g., E:\, F:\). Data transfer between cards or host device is as simple as drag and drop.
The MobileLiteG2 ships as a stand-alone reader and is also available as a bundle with a 4GB or 8GB Class 4 SDHC card. The MobileLiteG2 is backed by a two-year warranty while Kingston® cards carry a lifetime warranty. For more information, visit www.kingston.com.
MobileLiteG2 Features and Specifications:
- Compliant: with the USB 2.0 specification, SD 2.00, SDHC 4.1 standard, new *MS PRO-HG Duo™ standard
- Versatile: multi-functional USB card reader supports SD/SDHC, microSD/SDHC, *MSPD™, *MS PRO-HG Duo™ and *M2
- Portable: easily fits into your pocket
- Easy: plug and play into any USB 2.0 or 1.1 port
- Dimensions: 2.45″ x 1.16″ x 0.646″ (62.15mm x 29.40mm x 16.40mm)
- Weight: 18.90g
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Guaranteed: two-year warranty
* MSPD (Memory Stick® PRO Duo™), M2, MS PRO-HG Duo™ and Memory Stick® Micro™ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Kingston is not affiliated with Sony Corporation. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2)
Windows XP (SP1, SP2, SP3)
Windows 2000 (SP4)
Mac OS X v.10.3.x+
Linux v.2.6.x +
Capacity and Features
MSRP (U.S. only)
MobileLiteG2 Flash Card Reader
MobileLiteG2 + 4GB Class 4 SDHC
MobileLiteG2 + 8GB Class 4 SDHC
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.