I don’t get it. The Motoactv is an MP3 player basically, it looks pretty much like an iPod nano, and I think it can do everything it can. Apparently it can track number of calories burned, miles covered, personal records and fitness facts. You can get it in 8gb or 16gb to hold your music and it has an FM radio. Yeah I still don’t get it.
Scorch more calories, shatter personal records and train even harder with MOTOACTV, the new fitness device from Motorola Mobility, Inc.MOTOACTV is a lightweight, wearable fitness performance tracker and smart music player in one. Sync MOTOACTV with your PC, so you can check out the music you perform to best or track your workouts over extended time periods, set goals and even create workout competitions with your friends via the MOTOACTV Web Portal. And MOTOACTV features a touch-screen display so you can instantly launch a new workout or find that one song you’ve been dying to hear.
MOTOACTV will rock your fitness goals with the following features:
- Ongoing tracking of fitness performance stats, including pace, distance, calories burned, and map of route covered, with automatic wireless syncing of workout data to MOTOACTV.com
- 8GB or 16GB of storage for endless playlists
- Sports a 1.6" full-color touch-screen display that is sweat-proof, rain-resistant and scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass that auto-adjusts for indoor or outdoor lighting
- Option to sync with the latest Android-powered smartphone to receive incoming calls and texts
- FM radio capabilities for more song variety
- Up to five hours of battery life for outdoor workouts, 10 hours indoors, and nearly two weeks on standby
- Supports both Bluetooth® 4.0 and ANT+ wireless connectivity for your existing fitness sensors and your future ones
- Size: 46mm x 46mm x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 35 g
Pricing and Availability
Beginning today, consumers can pre-order MOTOACTV at www.motorola.com, Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, REI.com and SportsAuthority.com. Starting on November 6, 2011, MOTOACTV will be available for sale at Best Buy®, Eastern Mountain Sports, REI, The Sports Authority and online at Amazon.com, with other retailers following shortly.
The exclusive launch carrier will be Verizon Wireless with availability in November.
The MSRP for MOTOACTV 8G is $249 and $299 for 16G. Motorola SF700 and Motorola SF500 sports headphones are sold separately and will be $149 and $99 MSRP respectively.