The new Novel eReader features a full touch-screen making life just that much easier with 600×800 resolution but it only has a 6” display, which to me is rather small for an eReader. I still don’t get the whole eReader trend, give me a good book, with real paper and I’ll be happy, some things just aren’t made better with tech…
In addition to being a first-rate eReader, the Pandigital Novel is a multifunction device, allowing users to browse the web, check email, view photos, or listen to music. The built-in Wi-Fi and web browser lets users easily go online to check out the latest news or their favorite website while the integrated email application allows customers to stay in touch with family, friends and colleagues. Customers can enjoy their favorite music via the built-in speaker or use the stereo-mini headphone jack for private enjoyment and also view photos on the 16-level grayscale display. The Pandigital Novel Personal eReader also has additional convenience features including a built-in appointment calendar and alarm clock.
The Pandigital Novel 6-inch Personal eReader provides excellent reading for electronic books and has the following features:
- A 6” ePaper electrophoretic display with 800×600 resolution and 16-level grayscale
- Responsive touch-screen and intuitive user interface for navigation
- Built in speaker and stereo-mini headphone jack
- A virtual keyboard for making notes, emails, and other entries
- Orientation sensor for automatically adjusting between portrait and landscape mode when the device is tilted
- Supports popular eBook formats PDF & EPUB
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and web browser
- Expandable storage through its microSD memory card slot (supporting up to 32GB cards)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (via AC adapter or USB)
- Built-in mini-USB port provides an option for easy transfer of files between the device and a computer (Mac and PC compatible)
- Compact and sleek design – it measures 4.88”(w) x 6.75”(h) x 0.38”(d) and weighs 9.1 ounces
eBook Access Easy & Quick Through Barnes & Noble eBookstore
The integration of Barnes & Noble’s eBookstore ensures that Pandigital Novel customers have quick and convenient access to more than one million eBooks, newspapers and magazines, most available for $9.99 or less, and more than half a million free classics. Customers will find it simple to browse, sample, buy, and download published content in seconds from the Barnes & Noble eBookstore. Also, customers can use Barnes & Noble’s LendMe™ technology to share many eBooks with friends and family for 14 days.
Privately held, Pandigital® develops and markets digital entertainment products. The company recognizes the growing digital lifestyle market as well as the convergence of digital media such as photos, video, published content, and audio, and is delivering high quality products to utilize and share that content by combining innovative technology with contemporary style and simplified user interfaces. Pandigital sells its award-winning line of Pandigital® and PanTouch® digital photo frames and PhotoLink® scanners through more than 33,000 well-known national retail storefronts in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America and Central America. The company has received numerous accolades and industry awards for its outstanding products that are renowned for their easy-to-use features, high-quality, and elegant design, and for providing exceptional value to consumers. Pandigital is headquartered in Dublin, Calif. For more information, please visit http://www.pandigital.net.