Artificial intelligence has been in our lives for a long time, and it’s already impossible to stop this process. However, It is in our power to understand what impact it will have on life and how everyday activities will change.
The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Society
The creation of artificial intelligence has been called the 4th industrial revolution (the previous three: the creation of the steam engine, the invention of electricity, and the computer). This name accurately reflects the impact of technology on the world and the ways we know it. Of course, its potential to revolutionize the world’s foundations has not gone unnoticed: states, international organizations, and private companies have been devoting a massive amount of time and resources to the development of AI, especially in the last few years.
AI in Business Communications
AI in business communications has become extremely important. It alters the way data is exchanged among market players and leads us into a new phase, no matter if we like it or not. Email, SMS, social media, and other Internet services have become irreplaceable in our time. Every day, we are inundated with emails, adverts, and other info. We no longer control our perception and are constantly distracted.
To overcome this impotence in the world of the internet, as well as to communicate more effectively, we have to become more adapted to online technologies. This will become more crucial in the future as communication is progressively transferred to apps that use AI technologies. AI is already consistently finding its way into communication in various ways.
AI is generally believed to be a machine’s capability to imitate people’s behavior. In the area of communication, perceptual AI, or AI that can imitate people’s behavior, is used first and foremost.
Several Cases of AI Changing Corporate Communication
- One example of this is a speech analysis. By examining the way of speaking, AI can determine if an individual is emotionally affected. This can be helpful when communicating with clients, for instance, to understand if they are happy or not. AI can also be beneficial when interpreting speech. It can successfully perform error detection and correction that people might not notice.
- AI currently plays an essential role in social media. For instance, chatbots are being used more and more to communicate with customers. And here speech analytics can be implemented to determine the mood of the customers and provide them with proper assistance.
- In marketing communications, it is utilized to enhance the voice spoken by a chatbot or to facilitate looking up particular data. AI is also becoming more and more prevalent in social media—for instance, to perform targeted ads. In this particular case, it can be used to create content and analyze specific interaction activities.
- Creating personalized content is a key advantage that AI can give. By examining the user’s behavior, AI can create materials that exactly match their requirements. What is more, it can show messages or ads that exactly match the interests of the recipient.
- AI also makes the segmentation of target groups and interaction evaluation targeting easier. By examining the information, businesses can determine which target audience is interested in a particular good or service. It allows companies to direct their communication measures, particularly to the key target groups, and thereby boost their influence.
How AI and ML Technologies Work in a Call Center
Now call centers can become more efficient and caring with the help of speech AI that listens to customer calls. The service that analyzes the emotional coloring of conversations studies calls and finds recordings that are characterized by excessive emotionality. The AI platform marks the areas where the client is talking to the operator in raised tones in red. Disputed areas are colored yellow. Their appearance may be due to the loud voice of the client or an expressive manner of communication.
What Opportunities Do Analytics Provide?
By 2025, the global speech analytics market will have grown by more than 2.5 times. The world is predicting the rapid development of the entire market of “conversational” AI, including voice analytics. In four years, it will increase from the current $76 million to $561 million, according to experts.
This growth is based on some opportunities that this new tool gives to the business.
- Track the consumer’s experience
The combination of conversational AI technologies, text analysis, and data from various digital channels provides a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s path to a product or purchase. For example, the latest technologies allow you to track customer impressions in real-time on a single platform. The service analyzes customer responses through all possible channels ( voice, text, video) and can read emotions.
- Please the client
As a rule, 9 out of 10 customers change their brand primarily because of a bad interaction experience. 86% of consumers are willing to pay more for the sake of quality service.
Conversational AI makes it possible to analyze the tone of voice, pauses, and volume of speech. As a result, the business better understands the intentions and motivations of consumers.
- Train the staff and improve the quality of service
Almost 98% of interactions with call centers remain uncontrolled and untested. Speech analytics allows you to decipher and evaluate 100% of calls.
Thanks to AI-based technologies, a company can find out exactly what operators are not coping with. Based on this data, it is possible to develop a personnel training strategy to ensure a stable quality of service.
- Increase employee engagement
Good work should be fairly evaluated and rewarded. The use of speech analytics gives employees peace of mind and confidence that the company evaluates their efforts quickly and objectively. And this has a beneficial effect on the level of staff involvement.
In addition, managers no longer need to spend time analyzing calls manually, and their resources can be redirected to more creative tasks.
- Reduce costs
Speech analytics will help businesses improve results by increasing productivity and reducing costs. So, based on the accumulated data, the company will better manage the costs of the front office.
Conversational AI is also useful in assessing the demand for certain goods and services. It allows you to understand when a product can be withdrawn from sale or, conversely, when it is better to promote it.
In the horizon from two to five years, conversational AI will reach a plateau of productivity. Here, the risks for large businesses are minimal, but the benefits from using them are high. And after corporations, small and medium-sized companies will massively master this new tool.