In this age and time where individuals and industries are moving towards an eco-friendly environment, looking for an alternative energy source. It is obvious that sustainable energy is being seen as a great energy source for the industrial sector.
This renewable energy has attracted the attention of policy makers and the public particularly due to its potential to reduce GHG emissions. More and more industries are showing their interest in using sustainable energy for industry.
In this article, we will talk about sustainable energy, its usage in different industries, and how the energy can be used for conserving the environment.
What is Sustainable Energy?
Sustainable energy is an energy source that can cater to the demands of the present generation without jeopardizing the needs of the future generation. It is about finding clean energy that can be renewed instead of depleting the existing natural resources. This kind of energy source will not get exhausted and can be renewed within a short period.
There are several types of energy sources that can be used as sustainable energy for industry. In addition to the availability of water, solar, and wind energy geothermal and bioenergy can also be used. Bioenergy is the kind of energy that can be created through biological mass like agricultural by-products, manure, etc. Geothermal energy is the earth’s internal energy such as geysers.
Industrial activities consume a substantial amount of energy. Usage of fuel leaves a carbon footprint and emits CO2, which leads to climate change. Substantial energy for the industry is a great idea and should be implemented in different areas such as energy-intensive sectors and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) etc. This type of industry consumes almost 75% of energy and should therefore shift to renewable energy for their operation to build new capacity and cater to existing requirements.
9 Ways Industrial Sector Can Contribute to Conserve the Environment
– Industries can try to reduce the materials used in their production process. For example, many companies have started using less aluminum in beverage cans and less amount of steel in motor vehicles.
– The energy used for the production process should be reduced. Instead, they can opt to use materials that do not demand a large amount of energy. This will not only improve the production process but gives industries an opportunity uses renewable energy source.
– They can switch from using toxic materials to non-toxic ones which also include degradable pesticides and lead-free gasoline.
– Industries should reduce the use of coal to a minimum and instead use solar energy or gas
– They can use the waste material of one industry or the material of a certain stage of manufacturing as a raw material to produce their goods.
– They can use materials that consume less amount of energy. This will not only help the environment, but they can save on electricity bills.
– Make use of recyclable materials for production instead of ones that will produce toxic waste.
– The products that industries produce should be degradable and must ensure that its by-product is non-toxic. They must ensure that the products they design must not impact the environment in its lifecycle and should be recyclable even after its use is complete.
Sustainable energy is not merely a renewable source of energy but has several uses in the industrial sector as well as power homes without leaving any harmful effect on the environment. This is one of the biggest reasons why sustainable energy for the industry is the right choice and more companies should opt for the same energy source.