Sweet phone, but then again I think anything from HTC is amazingly awesome.. The new HTC EVO 4G is the first phone running on the 4G network, it’s running Android 2.1 and it will cost $199.99 with 2yr contract of course.
HTC EVO 4G will be available in all Sprint retail channels, including Sprint.com and national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Sprint will price the award-winning device at $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes excluded) with a new line activation or eligible upgrade. Pre-registration is available now at
HTC EVO 4G features the latest version of the increasingly popular Android platform, Android 2.1, offering more than 35,000 apps, as well as a mind-blowing list of features, including:
- Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues.
- Offering a new way to search with pictures instead of words, Google Goggles™ works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels.
- Superfast 1GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor, ensuring a smooth and quick movement within phone menus.
- Two cameras – an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allowing up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Integrated HD video capture with the ability to capture and share live video via the Qik Web site, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter™.
- Ability to easily watch video with the device on an HDTV via an HDMI cable (sold separately).
- Custom Web browser optimized for the 4.3 inch display and Sprint 4G speeds to deliver a full, no-compromise Internet experience.
- A handy kickstand built into the back, making it easy to watch videos on-the-go.
- Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen.
- Pinch-to-zoom and automatic text reflowing provide easy Web page views.