…and I’m downloading it right now. Red Dead is one of my all-time favorite games and I have been waiting patiently for this add-on, and now it’s here, YAY!
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. today announced that the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Pack is now available for digital download from the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network and PlayStationNetwork.
“The single-player story brings back some familiar characters in new ways, while multiplayer is a thrilling, non-stop fight for survival.”
“With Undead Nightmare, Red Dead Redemption is completely transformed into an open-world zombie-horror experience,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “The single-player story brings back some familiar characters in new ways, while multiplayer is a thrilling, non-stop fight for survival.”
The Undead Nightmare Pack provides an array of new gameplay missions, mechanics, weapons, locations and modes, including:
- All-New Single-Player Story – as the frontier’s last and greatest hope, it’s up to John Marston to eradicate the zombie outbreak and discover a cure;
- Undead Overrun Co-Operative Multiplayer Mode – band together as a team of 2-4 players and survive endless waves of undead horrors in a variety of locations;
- Four Distinct Zombie Classes – including the Undead rank and file, Bolters, Bruisers and Retchers that will test your mettle and accuracy;
- The Blunderbuss – an all-new, all-powerful shotgun that not only uses zombie parts for ammunition, but adjudicates them in one shot;
- New Melee and Projectile Weapons – set zombies aflame with the torch, cleanse them with Holy Water and lure them towards certain doom with Boom Bait;
- Infected Open World – ambient challenges, zombified animals, mythical creatures and missing persons are scattered throughout the now-undead world of Red Dead Redemption;
- All-New Soundtrack;
- New Achievements and Trophies.
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Pack is available now in North America and Europe for download on both PlayStation Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points).
As a digital download, the Undead Nightmare Pack requires a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play. Red Dead Redemption is available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.
In addition, available in stores on November 23, 2010 in North America and November 26, 2010 in Europe, will be Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, a standalone playable disc that bundles together for the first time ever, the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date. Undead Nightmare will be available at retail stores for $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 for the Xbox 360 system and PlayStation®3 system. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.
Set in the early years of the 20th century, Red Dead Redemption is an epic Western journey across the vanishing American frontier through the eyes of former outlaw John Marston. Alongside the rich, immersive single-player experience, Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer offers a world of dynamic challenges, and competitive games suited for a player of any skill level.
For more news and information, visit the official Red Dead Redemption website (www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption)