Dell just announced the new Studio XPS 7100 desktop computer that’s made just for multi-taskers with it’s six-core Athlon II CPU. They’re available now and pricing starts at a modest $699. In the same PR they also announced a couple new AMD based laptops as well, but they’ll only be in Europe, Japan and China..
Announced today, the Dell Studio XPS 7100 is one of the first desktops available to support the powerful AMD Phenom™ II X6 six-core processor with AMD Turbo Core technology, as well as available quad-core Athlon™ II processors, for incredibly fast HD media creation, advanced multimedia capabilities, multi-tasking and immersive 3D gaming experiences. With six-core processor power starting at $699, the Studio XPS 7100 offers exceptional multitasking performance and features a cutting edge, tilt-back design in premium Carbide Silver color. Other key features include:
- Oversized 460-watt power supply to support future expansion and hardware upgrades including AMD 125W class CPUs and 225W class graphics.
- Up to 16GB of fast DDR3* dual-channel memory;
- Up to 3TB* (terabytes)of hard drive storage;
- Premium integrated ports include, eSATA, Optical SPDIF and HDMI for more digital connections; and,
- Integrated 19-in-one media card reader and support for SATA 6Gb/s hard drives for high speed disk transfer of HD media;
The Dell Studio XPS 7100 is available immediately directly from Dell.com worldwide, and from participating retailers soon.