I like mobile when companies take normally big products and make them mobile. HP just came out with the new OfficeJet 100 Mobile that works over Bluetooth, I like it.
HP today announced new business inkjet solutions designed to help business customers of all sizes maximize productivity as telecommuting, branch offices and mobile workforces proliferate.
“The HP Officejet value proposition is resonating with customers of all sizes, and HP has once again strengthened its industry-leading portfolio with reliable, high-performing inkjet solutions to help these customers succeed.”
With 85 percent of the global enterprise workforce expected to be mobile by 2015, the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer and HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer allow business customers and mobile professionals to produce professional-quality documents in the office and on the go.
“The mobile workforce and trends in telecommuting have altered the business landscape and technology requirements in recent years, and customer expectations have never been higher when it comes to printing,” said Stephen Nigro, senior vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “The HP Officejet value proposition is resonating with customers of all sizes, and HP has once again strengthened its industry-leading portfolio with reliable, high-performing inkjet solutions to help these customers succeed.”
Impressive features bundled in one mobile product
Time-pressured mobile professionals can print with confidence and increase efficiency while on the go with the HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer, a compact, durable device that offers:
- A powerful, long-life lithium ion battery – print up to 500 pages when the battery is fully charged and the included 65-watt AC power adapter is compatible with selected HP Notebooks.
- Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology to print high-quality documents on the go from selected mobile devices including notebooks, netbooks and Windows Mobile®, BlackBerry, HP webOS and Nokia Symbian smartphones.
- A 50-sheet paper tray and the ability to print at up to 22 ppm black/18 ppm color and ISO print speeds up to 5 ppm black/3.5 ppm color.
- Ability to connect to a PictBridge compatible device and print lab-quality, borderless 4 x 6-inch photos on the go.
- Energy savings and extended battery life – ENERGY STAR® qualified, the device automatically powers down when idle.
Easy integration and impressive management features
To help address the IT challenges associated with printing support for remote workers as well as the space constraints of satellite offices and telecommuters, HP is offering its first Officejet Pro inkjet printer for the enterprise with built-in support for HP’s print management tools. The network-enabled HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer offers several benefits to enhance a company’s printing capabilities, including:
- HP Universal Print Driver and HP Web Jetadmin to easily integrate the device into managed printing environments, increasing productivity and reducing IT management costs.
- Compatibility across existing IT infrastructures and operating environments with support for SAP, Windows Cluster Server, Citrix Server and more.
- Professional color documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page and energy use than laser printers The HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer is ENERGY STAR qualified and uses up to 50 percent less paper with automatic two-sided printing, and up to 80 percent less supplies and packaging by weight compared with color laser printers.
- Support for HP ePrint Enterprise, which gives users the ability to print from BlackBerry or HP webOS devices to any networked enterprise printer or thousands of HP ePrint Mobile Print locations.
- Enhanced efficiency of business processes with features like ISO print speeds of up to 13ppm black and 8.5ppm color automatic two-sided printing, a 15,000-page monthly duty cycle, a 250-sheet paper tray expandable up to 500 sheets, standard networking with built-in Ethernet and Hi-speed USB 2.0, and commercial support.
- Increased printing options with support for HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP Postscript 3 and 80 scalable TrueType fonts Additional fonts can be downloaded directly to the printer.
- Great value for frequent printing and less intervention with high-capacity cartridges and individual inks. Documents are water-resistant with HP Officejet pigment inks and ColorLok® papers.
- Security management, including the ability to configure features such as a password-protected Embedded Web Server (EWS), SSL/HTTPS redirection, device firewall and Syslog for device events.
Pricing and availability
The HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer is available worldwide for $279 through HP and HP authorized resellers, and as a telecommuter bundle through HP Easy Print Service for customers in the United States.
The HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer is available worldwide for $199 through HP, HP authorized resellers and pay-per-use HP Managed Print Services contracts.
Additional information on the HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer and HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise Printer is available at www.hp.com/officejetpro.